Waiting in long queues to get an appointment in pathological labs is quite common. We often end up spending a lot of our precious time. Moreover, standing in a queue surrounded by people might as well expose us to the danger of getting infected by the novel coronavirus. But imagine getting an appointment for the same at the comfort of your home. Yes, you can now book appointments for getting several medical tests done including a blood test with just a call. Blood test online booking is just a call away.
Get several types of blood tests done by certified and experienced professionals who do it all with complete expertise avoiding any scope of mistake.
Did you get your blood test done recently? Are you curious to know the results? Well, here is all that you need to know about your blood test results-
The blood test is done to check several components including
- Functioning of organs
- Knowing about certain genetic disorders
- For general health check and much more
The report of blood tests briefs about the different components in the blood and the level to which they are present. For those from non-medical backgrounds, the reports of blood tests can be complicated and nearly impossible to interpret. Below is a list of abbreviations that are most commonly used in a blood test reports-
- cmm: cells per cubic millimetre
- fL (femtoliter): fraction of one-millionth of a litre
- g/dL: grams per decilitre
- IU/L: international units per litre
- mEq/L: milliequivalent per litre
- mg/dL: milligrams per decilitre
- mL: millilitre
- mmol/L: millimoles per litre
- ng/mL: nanogram per millilitre
- pg (picograms): one-trillionth of a gram
Blood test in general checks three major components including a complete blood count, metabolic panel and lipid panel. Different components are included in the outcomes of each of these tests which are analysed to get in-depth details. The results of these tests are further classified into several sub-categories. The following information can be inferred from a blood test report-
Complete blood test-
- Complete blood count or CBC which tells us about the amount of WBC’s or white blood cells, RBC’s or Red Blood Cells and platelets present in the blood.
- It also briefs about the volume of types of WBC’s.
- We get information about Hemoglobin which is a protein included within red RBCs that sends oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues
- Also, we get to know about the average volume of RBC’s Haemoglobin and much more.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- measures the body’s glucose levels, fluid and electrolyte balance, as well as liver and kidney function.
- It also briefs about Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) which is an enzyme produced by liver cells and much more.
- It is used to measure the different types of triglycerides (fats) and cholesterol in the blood.
- The total cholesterol test describes the level of LDL and HDL in blood.
- Tests for triglycerides, a fat found in the blood.
Besides this, there are several other pieces of information that one can infer from blood tests. You can enjoy the facility of blood test online booking which will save you time. All you need to do is to grab your phone and book now!